Friday, November 30, 2012

Cheap but tasty and low sugar (if you choose) sparkling apple cider

So about a week before Thanksgiving I went shopping for everything we would need for dinner. Well I of course bought sparking apple cider as it's not a holiday at my house without it. Well the bottles sat out on my counter and I began craving the sweet bubble drink. I felt too guilty about the price to drink some so I came up with a cheap but nonetheless tasty substitute.  We had apple juice and Sprite in the fridge and I was curious what it would taste like combined. Oh man, was I inspired! The juice tasted JUST like that expensive apple cider you buy in a bottle.



The savings is incredible! The cheapest bottle of apple cider I saw this season was $2.50 for a 25.4 ounce bottle. That's about 10 cents an ounces.I was able to buy a gallon of apple juice for $4 and a two liter bottle of sprite for $ .99.That comes out to 2.5 cents an ounces. So in simple terms I would have 4 times the amount of homemade cider compared to store bought for the same price. If you are throwing a large party the saving could add up real fast. Or if you want to enjoy this treat year-round its a lot more budget friendly.

Directions:
Mix half apple juice or cider with half Sprite.

Note: If you are diabetic or watching calories feel free to use Sprite Zero. It tastes nearly as good and I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment